On my Way to Lao -- Nongkai and the Fireball Festival
I left Ubon a few days ago and decided to make it all the way to NongKai, a couple kilometers from the border. Two buses and 11 hours later I arrived at Mut Mee Guesthouse, a little paradise.

I decided to extend my stay here by a few days to see the Fireball Festival, which is a naturally occurring phenomenon where fire erupts from the Mekong river... in other words it's methane gas ingniting and it happens on the full moon night every October.


Lastly, the storm did not affect thailand that much. Ubon was the worst hit and when I was leaving, the roads were floaded and I saw one school pretty badly hit. Anyways, I'm completely out of harms way for now :D



A few pictures from the salakeawkoo sculpture park which was dedicated to a famous Lao Shaman. This place was pretty unreal:


0 Responses